Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Quotes like in this forum?

I noticed that I have a quote button in this forum, but not in the regular 2.1b1 setup. I have seen, that there is e.g. Quotes but on this current forum, the quote looks little bit different (e.g. Below, automatically the name is added when clicking). Is this also possible in 2.1b1 or should I stick to 2.0 or try 2.2?

Additionally I am curious, if there is the chance to add automatically the time stamp + the name of person. (which would then appear on the top of the quote).

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The name already appears , sos and so said : appears in the quote. It also appears in 2.0 at least for me it does .

The time stamp is another can of worms I am not sure how to add that to the quote.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    The name already appears , sos and so said : appears in the quote. It also appears in 2.0 at least for me it does .

The time stamp is another can of worms I am not sure how to add that to the quote.

I retested again, and yeah, the appears although I am pretty sure, that didn't work. Anyway, the timestamp is not THAT important, it was more less a question for citation.

The quotes are still an issue, but don't know how to address it properly, what I am looking for. Let try it and lets see:

I tested now the Quote-plugin, along with the WYSIG (CLEditor). But this has the problem, that the quoted text is interpreted and a popup appears which says, that HTML text was converted and... I tested it as well with the Wysihtml5 and the effect somehow the same. I know, interdependency and addons and ...

The reason why I wanted to use WYSIG (CLEditor) is due to the simple approach to add font colors, especially for persons not familiar with coding. Therefore the question:

Is there a plugin which handles the Quotes properly AND allows coloring of font?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I use cleditor and yes it works with it. The issue you might be having is with the input formatting. In your configuration.

on 2.1 the quote appears in the cleditor in the same page, on 2.0 it opens a new window with the editor and the quote in it.

There should be no issue however the quote will not be quoted with the style in which it was edited with the editor. I believe it strips the styling applied by the quote author in some cases.

• Options

Strange, when I do it (2.1b1), it looks like below. Any ideas? Cause the result is ugly resp. not the way as I would expect. I guess, there is some config-problem. But no real clue about interdependency.

• Options

The formatting for that post / discussion is set to 'BBCode' you might want to set it to 'Html'

There was an error rendering this rich post.