Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Non integer time zones

Hello,

I'm new to Vanilla, and really like its approach to forums, well done! I'm wondering, what are the possibilities for handling non integer time zones correctly? For example, my time zone is Australian Central Standard Time +9.5 (or +10.5 in daylight savings). When I set up my forum, I noticed that times were off by 30 minutes (I assume for some kind of rounding error). Our server lives in a different city where the time zone is +10/+11.

I notice that the time zone offset column in the users table in the database has type INT.

My solution is to put a php line setting our correct time zone in index.php, so the offset is 0, all my users live in the same city, so this works.

But surely the offset column should accept decimal numbers to work correctly in the general case? Indian Standard Time is the other main non integer time zone.

Thanks,
Andrew

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thanks, I started an issue there.