Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Quotes is missing the following requirement(s): Vanilla 2.1a.

agrizagriz New
edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I download this addon. uploaded to plugins folded and then i clicked the enable button in admin.

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:

Comments

• Options

@agriz said:
    I download this addon. uploaded to plugins folded and then i clicked the enable button in admin.

grep is your friend.

• Options

if you want to use an older version of quotes

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/quotes-plugin-1.2.2

grep is your friend.

• Options

Answered

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@agriz
    For this plugin , it works to remove the requirements then it works with lower versions.

• Options

downloaded the older version, still doesn't work

• Options
    edited September 2013

@Big_Chew

I am using the quotes plugin in 2.0.18.8 without any problems. Download the latest version and remove the whole required application sentence from the class.quotes.plugin.php including the comma at the end of the sentence.

The quote link appears on the top near the avatar in 2.0 in the meta section .....

• Options

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like in this installation

• Options

Why is the requirement (2.1a) when the latest release available is only 2.0.18.10?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@46HudsonPU No one is required to develop against the stable version. 2.1 has some nice quality of life enhancements for developers, which is why you see plugins designed for beta versions.

As mentioned in a previous comment, 1.2.2 is known to work on 2.0.x.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

tbh that plugin probably shouldn't be there it should either be in the core 2.1 or in the github addon repo. Especially if you go by constituency of what has been done before.

Otherwise why not make it backward compatible? I'm not saying they should, but in the absence of dependency management, nobody is really going to know for sure are they?

I think were we have people working on beta, people who have only just arrived using apha in production, it is getting pretty confusing. If newbs are doing that and thinking is ok then the example set is maybe not as it should be.

Of course developers should be free to do what they want and it is a good think they are releasing software. But a few cavats wouldn't hurt.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited March 2014

@46HudsonPU said:
    Why is the requirement (2.1a) when the latest release available is only 2.0.18.10?

Ended up going with an earlier version of 'Quotes'. Appears to work well with the current release.
    @hgtonight - Always appreciate your comments, recommendations and insight.