Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Clarification on "Delete Spam Automatically"

Hey all. I (along with apparently everyone else) have been having some major issues with spambots lately. I installed Vanilla AntiSpam, hoping that would fix the problem, and got more spam 24 hours later. Going back, however, I see that the plugin actually flagged the post as being spam, it just didn't stop it.

Unfortunately, I have email notification for my forum which is essential for the content, but inconvenient when users get emails for spammy posts. So my question is thus: does the "Delete Spam Automatically" actually delete the post before it gets posted, or will it actually submit the post, triggering an email to users, then delete it after the fact?

I'm running 2.0.18.8.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I do not use this plugin.

From inspecting the source code it appears that this setting is not used. It also stores it's settings in the db, rather than a config file, so this might just not make sense to me.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hmm. In the meantime, I got botstop installed, which seems to be working thus far.

@hgtonight said:
    I do not use this plugin.

From inspecting the source code it appears that this setting is not used. It also stores it's settings in the db, rather than a config file, so this might just not make sense to me.

I recall seeing that the original developer of the plugin was no longer working on it or active. Maybe it's just a remnant from a feature that was going to be implemented in the future. Thanks for taking a look!