Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Odd errors & Display anomaly

As user with Member & Moderator privileges just wrote me to say > I was typing a response to your post in my inbox. At the top of my screen it says " oachegroup.org/4#11"
She then wrote > When I go in to change my password or preferences, the screen that shows up is transparent and hard to read as the page behind it also shows through. Is it possible to make this popup opaque- just like this message looks when I type?
And > Also, when I go in to change my preferences, there is a question that reads, "allow other members to view your email" and the box was checked. What does that mean? Should it be checked? I am thinking that it literally means that other members can see my emails. Is that right or am I misreading it?
I believe the latter merely means that members can see the email address associated with her Forum account.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The email preference is whether you want your email address viewable to other members.

The pop up issue sounds like a CSS conflict.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    The email preference is whether you want your email address viewable to other members.

Good. That's the easy one. :-)

The pop up issue sounds like a CSS conflict.

I was just posting an Inbox/Conversation and observed that the Banner picture was bleeding-through the transparent areas of the window.

Where would I look and what change would be recommended to eliminate the transparent setting?

I haven't changed anything so it must be in a default somewhere.

Or does a setting need to be changed to cause the banner to dim or to not bleed through?

• Options

Transparent is the default background color, if I recall correctly.

What browser do you use?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I'm using Linux and Seamonkey.

I'd have to check but I think she's using Firefox and one of the MS versions of windows.

• Options

You should be able to use the DOM inspector to inspect current CSS rules and live edit changes to it.

Search first

• Options

Is that a plugin? I don't see it in Dashboard.

• Options

OK re. transparent as default background for popups - I may ignore that & see if they get used to it.

I need to figure out how to change the page background to something textured vs the harsh white - so will see how that impacts the popups - if at all

BTW: She says she's mostly using her iPad.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2013

to eliminate a transparent setting you would , either find the parts that contain transparent or that have opacity levels

you can try to use

html, body{opacity:1;}

to make things not transparent any value less than one starts to make it transparent.

Use firebug or web inspector to find the selectors that have transparent on them or some opacity rule.

• Options

I was warned to be careful where to make .css changes - esp. to not change style.css, I think. So I need to put this on the list of things to look at when I get around to exploring custom.css

I do have Annotated_CSS added to my themes - I can begin learning there - when I have a little time a little later ...

Thanks!