HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Minor, Cosmetic fixes for reCaptch for anyone who needs them

vanejillavanejilla New
edited July 2013 in Feedback

hi,

Just thought i'd share my two-pennies-worth - the title says it all. If you're using **reCaptcha ** in your sign up process and noticed it looks a little messed up. This 'messed-up appearance may be the result of creating you own template or adding stuff to the page in which case the page wrapper metrics have changed. Here are a few minor, cosmetic fixes achieved with CSS and some customisation to the form html page in vanilla.

Problem:

Obviously the css of the reCaptcha is impossible to get to since its rendered on Google and streamed after its rendered to your sign-in form.
First take a look at the before and after images here:

If your form has any of the little niggles then add the fixes.

1. to fix the broken bottom border of the reCaptch frame:
    add this to your custom.css override style sheet:

#recaptcha_table tr:nth-child(7){ display:none }

1. to fix the almost unreadable Google t&c's link add this, too to your custom.css:

#recaptcha_privacy { margin-top:-14px; }
Dont be tempted to remove the link whch you could do - its required as part of your agreement to use it.

1. If you don't want to pester your users by asking them to state their gender then add this to your custom.css:

.Box li.Gender{ display: none; }
Its not removed completely , just from the DOM it still submits defaulted to 'male' (you can change it to default to female
in thisfile:

http://yourwebsite.com/yourvanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry/registercaptcha.php

1. In this same file, which is the 'view' for the signup form, i changed the, 'I agree to the', text and pre-pended it with by forum name
    just to distinguish it from Googles T& C link. So user knows what and whos terms thet're agreeing with:

Make the changes on line: 6

thats it folks - while your in there, as you can see you can change any of the labels for the form just don't remove the form element references
unless your prepared to edit the script which processes the data before sending to DB.

Cheers all