Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there a plugin for hiding content until reply?

Is there a plugin for hiding content until someone replies on that post and then it shows the content?

Comments

• Options

no, there is no plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

How would that work?

If it is hidden, how could someone know it is there to comment on?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

@whu606 said:
    How would that work?

If it is hidden, how could someone know it is there to comment on?

The title of the post is visible but part of the content inside is not. So when someone reply, the page refreshes and then they can now see the full content. It's useful for my forum if there's special content you only want viewers to see if they reply. Kind of like saying thank you and in return they get to see the content.

@vrijvlinder said:
    You could try premhide plugin

I tried that and it works fine except it turns all the posts into a long run on sentence with no return spaces. I hope someone can fix that issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

friendly hint: re premhide plugin

well post the issue under the plugin in question, if you seriously want it fixed.

have you tried modifyng spoilers plugin.

A simpler way is to use spoilers plugin and see what the comment insert userid's for that discussion, and if they user is in that discussion they see all hidden content in a discussion they commented on. If they are not in discussion they don't see it. Probably hiding via css is the easiest (but they would see it if they viewed source or used rss feed.

I bet you could do it yourself or someone could help you on the forum. If not you could probably pay someone to do it, who knows maybe for $25 someone might be willing.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

Same with you, searching for hide premium content plugin :winky: