Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Comments Iframe Login issue

Hi folks!
I'm having an issue with the login. I found the origin of my problem, but I donàt know where I can edit in order to permanently fix it.

I'm going to show you the issue through the images, is more explanatory than words...

How you can see, when I click on Comment As Button, the login box it is hidden from the iframe itself.

When I de-activate the height option, everything goes fine.

My question is, where I can edit that parameter?

Thank you in advance,
Angelo (Kemat1an) D'Agostino.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

You can try adding this to your site's theme

iframe[class*='vanilla'] {
     height: 100% !important;
    }

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Nothing Tama, still the same issue. I tried also to change the height parameter into 560px, but still not working. Into Google's Inspect Element the height parameter goes at the same fixed 139px (That I assuming is the Comment Textbox + Comment As button height.

• Options

@Tama said:
    Okay try adding this to your vanilla forum
    yourtheme/design/custom.css

#vanilla_discussion_embed {  
     min-height: 500px;
    }

You got it Tama! Thank you so much!

May I ask you something else?
    When I comment from Wordpress with Vanilla Comment System, Vanilla it create a new Discussion into News Category of my forum, but the discussion's title it coincides with my Username than the title of the article that I made. How can I fix it?

• Options

@Tama said:
    I've never used wordpress and vanilla together ask Shadowdare

Thanks for the information. I will contact @Shadowdare.

• Options

@Kemat1an said:
    When I comment from Wordpress with Vanilla Comment System, Vanilla it create a new Discussion into News Category of my forum, but the discussion's title it coincides with my Username than the title of the article that I made. How can I fix it?

What do you mean by 'coincides'? Would you give an example or screenshot of this?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think he means the title of the discussion is his user name and not the discussion title.

• Options
    Kemat1anKemat1an New
    edited August 2013

@Shadowdare saved me. This is the solution:

Into wordpress/plugins, open /vanilla-forums/comments.php.
    Find the line:
    var vanilla_url = '<?php echo get_permalink(); ?>'; // Current page's url

>

Add this under it:
    var vanilla_title = '<?php echo get_the_title(); ?>'; // Current page's title

That's it! Thank you for your assistance, I'm in debit with you! :)