HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

+10 or 20 discussions for the start page here

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi @Todd and crew,

Would it be possible to display more discussions on the start page on the forum here.
We are Vanilla cracks, we are hungry we need more meat.

Anyone else 2nding that, hook in!

Thanx

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2013

I myself just appreciate the fewer stickies. er... Announcements. :)

You could always just use http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/0-50 as your bookmark.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

index photos new ? or am I just imagining things? I don't recall yesterday the index having photos , maybe I am getting Alzheimer's...

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I added discussion (index) photos, removed some announcements, added the Tutorials category (where the announcements went), deleted 2 categories, reordered categories, deleted 4 obsolete Roles, removed permissions from a bunch of absent users, cleaned up the badges list, and added a "Bug Fixer" badge.

• Options

way to go @Lincoln !! cleaning house is a good thing !! I like the index photos very much , yes I noticed some admin are not coming around anymore :(

The place is looking good !! Thanks :)

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Lincoln said:
    I added discussion (index) photos

My smartphone is broken and I have to use an old one right now: with index photos in the mobile view I can hardly see anything other than Vanillicons. I don't think it's a good idea to show them there.

• Options

lol ... maybe the photos could be made smaller for mobile view ? I did that on one installation , well on all of them actually now that I think of it ;)

this is the size I made them

ul.Discussions li img {
    height: 35px;
    width: 35px;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

• Options

@Lincoln
    Since you added a tutorials category, is it possible to change my tutorials that were under feedback to the tutorial category ?

That would be great coz I know I wrote several in the almost year I have been on here .... I don't know that I can do it without special permissions I am sure ...

I think also peregrine and others would like to have their feedback tutorials re categorized to make them more effective and easy to find .

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Lincoln: Chexk the screenshot. This also a long lasting design makes it uncomfortable to switch from addons to the community.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    I think also peregrine and others would like to have their feedback tutorials re categorized to make them more effective and easy to find .

That would be very useful for a lot of people. I'd like to see that happen.

@phreak: I also find that the other pages on this site are hard to browse on mobile devices.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hmm, the person to see about theme fixes is @Kasper. He is fully empowered so I am throwing him to the wolves by making it known, hehehe.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@vrijvlinder said:
    Lincoln
    Since you added a tutorials category, is it possible to change my tutorials that were under feedback to the tutorial category ?

Sure, PM me links.

• Options

awesome , ok I will start to compile the list :)

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    awesome , ok I will start to compile the list :)

Wait, I'll go over them. If I've forgotten some, PM the rest to Lincoln :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited August 2013

@UnderDog said:
    Wait, I'll go over them. If I've forgotten some, PM the rest to Lincoln :-)

te laat lol !! he done it , I would like to help peregrine do this too he has way more than I do I am sure . I think I bookmarked them all . :) But if you want to help with that it would be great too !!

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2013

Will the "Mark All Viewed" plugin be enabled on this forum? Who else would like to see it happen?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Just read them all and problem solved ;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Shadowdare said:
    Will the "Mark All Viewed" plugin be enabled on this forum? Who else would like to see it happen?

As long as "http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/unread" doesn't show uncommented discussions, I see no use for it.