Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

like only visible by admin

The like button installed fine, and shows up to me just fine, but i'm the admin, no users or moderators can view it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

forums are located at

http://lxle.net/index.php?id=forums

Tagged:

Comments

• On the plugin's page, it says you need to set permissions for each role.

!!!!!! NOTE: THE LATEST VERSION INTRODUCES ROLE BASED PERMISSIONS FOR LIKES. YOU WILL NEED TO ALLOW LIKING TO ALL ROLES YOU WISH TO ALLOW THIS FUNCTIONALITY FOR. IF YOU DON'T THE LIKE FUNCTIONS WILL DISAPPEAR FOR USERS. !!!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Where are the settings located? I looked earlier but didn't see anything.

• Found it, was looking for settings or a side panel 'like this' link, real 'duh' moment not to look in the most obvious friggin spot, roles and permissions. Thanks for the reminder. Appreciated.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@Shadowdare said:
    On the plugin's page, it says you need to set permissions for each role.

!!!!!! NOTE: THE LATEST VERSION INTRODUCES ROLE BASED PERMISSIONS FOR LIKES. YOU WILL NEED TO ALLOW LIKING TO ALL ROLES YOU WISH TO ALLOW THIS FUNCTIONALITY FOR. IF YOU DON'T THE LIKE FUNCTIONS WILL DISAPPEAR FOR USERS. !!!

thanks for covering this. I was afraid it was going to be a bit confusing to people to upgrade, hence the lots of exclamation points... but i figured even that wouldn't catch everyone since i dont know that i would have noticed it myself.

• Where is this in the roles and permissions? I don't see anything that says 'Like' in the Member role screen.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

version 1.1 of plugin in dashboard roles

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.