Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla jsConnect 1.0.3b properly sends WriteJsConnect in IE, but not in Chrome, Firefox or Safari

streakerstreaker New
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've been wrecking my brain on this for a few days, and can't find the solution to it.

I have recently installed Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8 on my site and I haven't really installed any addons or plugins other than the jsConnect. It works perfectly in Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10, but it will not function at all in Chrome, Firefox or Safari, it requires the user to manually Sign In and Out.

My goal was the user signs in on my main site and this would sign them in and out with that login mechanism, which works perfectly in IE, exactly as I expect it, but on the other browsers they have to sign in and out locally with Vanilla, which I would rather they not do.

One clue to the puzzle that I have found is that the jsConnect Test URL comes back with the proper data in IE, but in the others all the data comes back blank, such as: "email":"".

JavaScript is enabled in these browsers, so I am not sure what else to look for, everything I can see comes back fine, so I'm not sure what the difference is, any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to successfully log in at all in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Have you cleared cache?

grep is your friend.

• Thanks for the welcome. Yes I can, the jsConnect doesn't work in those browsers is where my problem is, I'm trying to make this as user redundant as I can. If you mean clearing the browser cache, yes, along with history, pretty much wiped out everything I could without reinstalling the browser, and have tried this on multiple computers, all same result.

• Well I decided to do some more testing, I tried a clean install of Chrome on another computer and it worked as it should there. I'm thinking it is something with my settings, I was using a signed in profile on two different computers and getting the same result, so I'm thinking my Chrome profile has something strange going on that doesn't allow this to work. I did sign out of my google profile and completely reset all of the settings, but that didn't solve it on the machines that have been having issues. I didn't try any of the other browsers as of yet on another computer, so I'm not sure if those have the same thing going on for some reason. I guess if anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be nice to trouble shoot in the event this comes up again.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Some browser addons could be preventing the AJAX request from going through.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Found, it was an addon, I went to about:plugins in Chrome, it was a Silverlight plugin, disabled and now working in Chrome, thanks for the assistance.