Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Don't Send Notifications on Pending Posts?

Hi,

I'm currently using the Post Approval plugin, which requires a post to be approved by a moderator before it is visible to others.

I currently have an issue where users are receive email notifications about 'pending' posts. When I took a look at the discussion table, it has a column marked 'Hidden', which I believe corresponds to whether or not a post is pending.

Would you be able to provide a little direction as to where I should look to add this 'check'?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Both plugins use the event handler PostController_AfterDiscussionSave_Handler. As such, we can't guarantee these handlers will be fired in a specific order (it should call them in alphabetical order based on the plugin name, IIRC).

I suggest adding a check in the EMailSubscribe plugin to see if the PostApproval plugin is enabled. Adding something like the following after line 55 of /plugins/EMailSubscribe/default.php might work:

if (Gdn::PluginManager()->CheckPlugin('PostApproval')) return;

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.