Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Put Smilie on Cursor position, close SmilieBox when Editor focused

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Yesss... it's me again.. ;)

Just two small things I can't get into:

1. Is there a way that the kicked Smilie is positioned at the Editor Cursor Position? So when I reposition the Cursor anywhere else in the text and then klick a Smilie, the Smilie appears exactly there, where the Cursor is now?

2. Whe are Smilie Junkies... ;) so I like to keep the Smilie Dropbox open (and klicking them like crazy.. :D ), until it loose its Focus...

i removed

// Put the clicked emoticon into the textarea

$(container).hide();

$(container).prev().removeClass('EmotifyDropdownActive');

From Emotify.js so it stays open... but it is not closing when the focus is lost or the Editor gets Focused..

In Code I Found "// Hide emoticon box when textarea is focused", but It is not doing it...

ThX for any Help.. ;)

Using Vanilla 2.1.b2/Opera/FireFox (I had the same issues in 2.0.18)

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2013

Is there a way that the kicked Smilie is positioned at the Editor Cursor Position?

That is how it already works anything you add via another button , image or anything else will always be added at the cursor.
    If it does not, something else is wrong.

I like to keep the Smilie Dropbox open (and klicking them like crazy.. ), until it loose its Focus...

That also is how it works. As far as I know you must click the arrow/smiley link to close it again or select a smiley to close it.

Make sure you are using the correct version of Emotify with your version of Vanilla because they use different jquery versions ...

• Options
    Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm using CLEditor.... ;)
    And in CLEditor it has the mentioned Issues above...

I'm using Emotify Version 2.0.5, which seems to be the newest one and CLEditor Version 1.2.7... just tested V1.2.8 and its not working (although activated, it still shows the standard editor)

Now I'm searching the Net for some explanations about LostFocus in JS... and what an surprise, the CLEditor Editorarea is an iframe... ;))

My Aproach:

Find out how to close the Smilie Container when LostFocus, OR close the Container when CLEditor gets Focus....

Then, hopefully after 3 Weeks ( :D ), i'll adress the second Problem (put smilie on Cursor position)