Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MySQL problem : Incorrect information in file: 'GDN_UserCategory.frm'*

LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
edited October 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

For some reason my forums just stopped working. I didn't do anything new so I'm at a loss why it has happened. Any idea on what happened and how to fix it?

http://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

It's been six years you've been a member, i don't know if you have been welcomed to the community.

Or had the time to read the documentation link for Bonks or the forum etiquette thread

But just in case you haven't as yet.

what is the bonk error message that displayed after you read the docs on how fix a bonk.

I'd also suggest you fix your user name (remove the space) so you can get messaged properly, unless you prefer not to be mentioned. @Left Brain - that way someone named Left won't receive all your mentions

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• The first thing you should do before asking a question is search the forum.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited October 2013

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @x00 said:
    The first thing you should do before asking a question is search the forum.

Thanks, I did check. I did a search for the term "bonk" and looked through all the posts. Didn't find an answer which led me to ask the question.

I did find the "Bonk Errors" page which shows you how to find out what the real error is which I can now report.

It says...

"Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();"

I would love to change my user name but when I go to the "Edit profile" it doesn't allow me to change my user name.

• LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
    edited October 2013

More info...

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla

Application Version: 2.0.18.1

PHP Version: 5.3.3

Operating System: Linux

Server Software: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5
    mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.3.3

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.69 Safari/537.36
    Request Uri: /cosmeticsciencetalk/
    Controller: Gdn_Database
    Method: Query

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

cut and paste the entire error message into your comment

highlight (select) the complete error message after pasting. Click the parargraph sign 6th option in the buttonbar. choose code from the dropdown box.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Incorrect information in file: './chemists_coschemf/GDN_UserCategory.frm'
    select *
    from GDN_UserCategory UserCategory
    where UserID = :UserID
    The error occurred on or near: /home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/database/class.database.php
    276: 
    277:          if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
    278:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
    279:          } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
    280:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
    281:          }
    282:       } else {
    283:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
    284:       }
    Backtrace:
    /home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/database/class.database.php:280] PHP::trigger_error();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:934] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php:164] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php:97] CategoryModel::JoinUserData();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php:46] CategoryModel::Categories();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php:509] CategoryModel::CategoryWatch();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/modules/class.categoriesmodule.php:24] CategoryModel->GetFull();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/core/class.controller.php:467] CategoriesModule->__construct();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussionscontroller.php:88] Gdn_Controller->AddModule();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussionscontroller.php:88] DiscussionsController->Index();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [/home/chemists/public_html/cosmeticsciencetalk/index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();
    Variables in local scope:
    [Sql] 'select *
    where UserID = :UserID'
    [InputParameters] array (
      ':UserID' => '1',
    )
    [Options] array (
      'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
    )
    [ReturnType] 'DataSet'
    [PDOStatement] array (
      'queryString' => 'select *
    where UserID = :UserID',
    )

• Your tagging plugin is causing problem. disable and see if problem goes away.
    then enable it.

if problem goes away - fine.

if not.

After that post your version of tagging plugin

and check your tags in phpmyadmin to see if tags look normal.

• Line 280 is highlighted in the error message.

• I told you would you should consider doing. your choice.

also re-read my messages and associated links when you have the time.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/194430/#Comment_194430

• I removed the Tagging plugin via FTP (just got rid of the whole folder) but don't know if that was enough to disable it. I can't access the dashboard to disable plugins.

Version of that plugin = ??? there is no Readme file and I can't access the dashboard.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

a better way to do it is ftp /conf/config.php

edit it and change the enabled plugin 

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']  the one with Tagging

probably looks like this

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = TRUE;

and change it to FALSE or remove the line.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = FALSE;

• Thanks. That's what I did. No noticeable effect.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to check the tags in phpmyadmin but have yet to figure out where that file is. Also, not sure what you mean by "normal".

• Thanks. That's what I did. No noticeable effect.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = TRUE;
        and change it to FALSE or remove the line.

you did this???

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

now you have a problem in pockets. disable that and see if problem goes away.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Poclkets'] = FALSE;

what changes did you make that got you into this situation in the first place?

that would be helpful to know!

first you had a tag problem, then you had a category problem, now you have a pockets problem.

Something weird has happened either to your database or something that you added via code or a plugin is causing you problems.

I suggest you follow these steps.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/188810/#Comment_188810

• Yes...from my config.php file...

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['VanillaStats'] = 'VanillaStats';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Analytics'] = 'Analytics';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['AllViewed'] = 'AllViewed';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['SEOCompanion'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['cleditor'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['vanillicon'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Emotify'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Pockets'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['FeedDiscussions'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Signatures'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['BotStop'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['RegistrationRestrictLogger'] = TRUE;

• LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
    edited October 2013

Ah, that seems to have worked!

Nope...still having the problem. It worked for a second and then crashed again...

• I made no changes to the forum at all and haven't touched it for at least a month except for approving applications.

The only recent work I've done is adding Registration Restriction Logger to help stop Spam applicants.

• actually your site looks fine now! Awesome!

• It crashes when I try to login.

I just went through and turned off all the plugins but it still crashes when I try to login.

I'll check out the other thread you suggested.