HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Interview with Under Dog

AdrianAdrian Wandering SpiritMontreal MVP
edited October 2013 in Releases

This a new feature we include in our monthly newsletter. Each month, we interview a well-known member of the community. This month, we had a chance to chat with UnderDog, an active community member since January 2011.

Tell us about yourself. Where do you live? How old are you? What is your day job?

Currently I live in Henderson. It's a small town near Las Vegas in Nevada. I'm 39 years old.For my job I help people with their computer problems

What first brought you to Vanilla Forums?
I needed a forum and a fork of a very early version of the CMS I was working for had a connection with Vanilla (lussumo) which was impressive, to say the least

What do you like best about Vanilla Forums?
Every functionality goes through plugins. If you don't like it, turn off the plugin. Vanilla has event handlers, so you can set up your own functionality using those event handlers.

What is one thing you recommend to those starting out using the Open Source version of Vanilla Forums?
Sign up for the Vanilla Forums Forum. We don't bite... Just (in case you run into a problem), search through the many many topics that are already on the forum. Start your own topic and mention that you searched, listing the topics that you found.
Second thing is : backup, backup, backup

What are your interests outside of Vanilla Forums?

PHP programming in general, Zend Framework. Besides that : playing golf.

Any fascinating facts about yourself that you would like to share with the Vanilla Forums community?What is the story behind your Username?

I have a nickname: UnderDog. Usually people underestimate me, my texts, etc, but as you see ... sometimes the UnderDog still wins

This discussion has been closed.