Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1b2 Debug Trace Need to re-index theme cache/plugin cache

I am running 2.1b2 installed via git. Per community posting I have added to config.php:

$Configuration['Garden']['CombineAssets'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

I get the following message on all of my forum pages:

Debug Trace
  Need to re-index theme cache 
  Need to re-index plugin cache

I also posted this to the Garden issues page at GitGub, but I wondered if someone here has had this same issue and found a solution for it.

Best Answer

Answers

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

Clear your /cache folder of all .ini files. Does the /cache folder and all other folders inside of it have the proper write permissions set?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• edited October 2013

I removed the .ini files from /cache. All directories in the install directory have 775 permissions, including /cache and its subdirectories.

I still get the Debug Trace messages. I forgot to include that the message states Info before the message. I now see the following my Debug Trace message:

Info Need to re-index theme cache
    Info Need to re-index plugin cache

• @Shadowdare Yes, a user at GitHub told me that the message has to do with APC/memcache, and if I have neither enabled the message is displayed. The server does have APC and memcache installed and should be running normally. I searched for enabling caching for Vanilla Forums and couldn't find any documentation on it.

• @openletter i too is facing the same issue, any fix. i am trying to activate Google Authenticator

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@abhilashsnair said:
    openletter i too is facing the same issue, any fix. i am trying to activate Google Authenticator

if you see these ignore them. it will not affect your debugging or the operation of vanilla or anything else., if there ever was a non-issue to worry about this is it.

Info Need to re-index theme cache
    Info Need to re-index plugin cache

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine sorry to say i am verywell following and you people doing a great job! sorry if anywhere i failed to see response