Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Database Prefix

ZanderZander New
edited October 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

After searching on Google for several days, I found instructions on how to change the database prefix AFTER installing vanilla....

That's pretty useless in my honest opinion. It's like building a car with an engine that doesn't fit only to take out and fit a new engine after it's off the assembly line and at the car dealership, or something.

Every other open source script with an installer seems to have the "database prefix" area on the setup/install page.

How do I INSTALL Vanilla forums with an alternate prefix?

Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This should work just dandy. I just re-read through the bootstrap sequence and it should read the config.php file even if it isn't installed.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@shadowdare that works perfectly. I've installed all my (test) installations that way and never had any problems with it.