Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Enable caching in 2.1b2?

I have memcached, php5-memcache, and php5-apc installed on my server. Is there a way to make Vanilla Forums use these features? Or does it already?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

use php5-memcached not php5-memcache, which doesn’t work with vanilla (confusing I know)

conf/config.php

$Configuration['Cache']['Enabled']                              = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Cache']['Method']                               = 'memcached';

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Are you talking about google webmaster caching?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@openletter

According to the devs

The most common bottleneck, in my experience, is database performance, which can be addressed most easily with memcached. Vanilla will automatically use it when it is present.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/217374#Comment_217374

@VizionMc

It is good that you want to help, but please restrict responses to issues you think you can actually resolve.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

use php5-memcached not php5-memcache, which doesn’t work with vanilla (confusing I know)

conf/config.php

$Configuration['Cache']['Enabled']                              = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Cache']['Method']                               = 'memcached';

grep is your friend.

• You need to upgrade though. 2.1 is not longer beta, and there are security updates.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 @VizionMc @whu606

I'm assuming you all noticed that this question was asked in 2013?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@openletter

Sorry, I didn't even think to look.

It came up on the thread list after @VizionMc replied...