Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Which theme is used in the Vanilla forum website?

I like the theme used in the vanilla forum site - http://vanillaforums.org/discussions, is this theme available? I could not find it in the theme repository for vanilla. Can this be made available?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It is a custom theme called 'vforg'. AFAIK, it has not been released anywhere.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

oh.. hmm.. It would be if it could be released. I guess I'll make one for myself. Thanks!

• Options

seems a lil misleading... "look at this awesome forum... you should get it!" installs forum looks nothing like awesome forum previewed. "you can try and make it yourself though!"

i wonder how many people download this thinking they're getting what they see here only to find out they will have to put in hours and hours of work to get it similar or hire a developer.

• Options

I think bitter-sweet theme is close enough, I fail to see why they have to release it or it is misleading.

The point of vanilla is you can do any kind of theme, it is not a forum that is typecast to look a certain way. It gives you that control.

Vanilla core time put in many hours of work. I think there are to many people who unrealistically think they can put in nothing, just becuase they are using OS software.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

There's 4 themes in core. Adding more is on our 2014 roadmap.

We'd rather a thousand other forums didn't look exactly like vf.org.

• Options

i understand but the first time i hit this forum i saw the avatars, views and comments on the index and thought "that's awesome... i want that" and it's exactly what i did not get. haha

still a cool forum software as i own multiple vbulletin forums and i was looking for something more streamlined and clean. we'll see how it goes. :]

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@gtron

Welcome to the community!

The view and comment boxes can be found in the Stats Box plugin, while the avatars can be enabled via the Index Photo plugin. They are both available in the repository here on this site:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/statsbox-plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/indexphotos-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

that's perfect... thanks!

• Options

So what about the icons below each comments like the "lol" "quote" "awesome" ??

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@iamkingsleyf said:
    So what about the icons below each comments like the "lol" "quote" "awesome" ??

That's part of the hosted version of Vanilla, but by now there are alternatives in the addon section: search for businessdads awards, peregrin badges, peregrin reactions, hgtonights yaga

• Options

@R_J said:

Ok thanks. Will check them out