Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Does Signature work in mobile site?

I checked it on my mobile and it is not working on it.
Mobile users also not able to change their profile settings?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

As with all plugins....

If you want to make them work with mobile, at the very least you need

'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

the above line in the default.php if the file exists

or

class.nameofplugin.plugin.php in the particular plugin

so in signatures that would translate to

add 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

to the Plugininfo array at the top of the file

class.signatures.plugin.php

you can add the line above the authors name.

then you can report back if adding the line it worked for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

IIRC, you can opt to disable signatures on mobile. Check your profile preferences under signature settings to make sure you haven't disabled them.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@hgtonight said:
    IIRC, you can opt to disable signatures on mobile.

not on my version of vanilla :) they are automatically not appearing.

I think if someone wants to see a signature or edit profile they would need to click on display full size at bottom of screen and use the full size mode.

also @mahesh - in the future, please specify version of vanilla you are using when initially posting a discussion question. sometimes the answer depends on the version of vanilla.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• The version is 2.0.18.8

How do i make the edit profile preference visible in mobile version?
    2.1b2 has the feature?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

How do i make the edit profile preference visible in mobile version?

this will add two links to mobile, adding sig link and add edit pref link.

Consider yourself lucky - because this free modification is going beyond the call of duty.
    If the solution works report back.

I think the resoning you have is silly because all the user has to do is click full menu.

you need to add this as stated above

'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

and add this to class.signatures.plugin.php

change this line

to this ....

• I forgot to mention these links as well @mahesh

a very good read

I am not sure if you will respond, since you have asked numerous questions in the past and never provided a folowup, but just in case you haven't read this - I'll provide you a few links

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23130/forum-post-ettikett-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25115/how-to-how-can-a-new-user-better-help-the-community-when-asking-a-question

• I am really sorry for that. I collect those information. I am honestly busy with other works. So, I am not able to implement anything right now. But i will do them all in one or two days and i provide the details.

I am extremely sorry.