HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

To Purge a larger number of records, increase the cleanser max records from 100 to a larger number

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited November 2013 in Feedback

@CaelestisDesigns said:

@peregrine said: you may be timing out. You could try the cleanser plugin.

you can use filezilla or some such program and retrieve the text file with the list in it, edit on your local computer and re-upload it.

Thanks, I think I have it figured out then. Is there any way to purge more than 100 at a time? I have 5,200 unwanted applicants that are all bots (i've already approved all human entries), so that means running this program 52 more times. I guess I'll have to.

you could change in default.php

at around line 51 where it says

$IPAddSet = Gdn::Config("Plugins.Cleanser.IPAddress");

add the line

$CleanserMaxRecords = 200;

or try

$CleanserMaxRecords = 500;

I haven't tested with high numbers of records and no one has provided feedback so I would try it around 500, if it works go to 1000, If 500 doesn't work go to 250. Probably depends on the memory on your server.

I thought I put that info in the readme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

To anyone who changed $CleanserMaxRecords to reflect larger number of records to purge and everything worked as expected. you might provide some feedback as to the largest $CleanserMaxRecords you used, it might help others.

As for me , i don't personally care, since monetary donations are my primary interest with respect to plugins.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I bumped it up to 1000 without (so far) any difficulties or complaints from the server admins. Takes a couple of seconds , but now if I check in to find 10,000 spambot applicants I don't have to do a hundred purges.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

bravo @WeldonBerger

it took over 1300 downloads presumably by more than one user to get one response for request for feedback dealing with maxrecords. :)

I commend you for providing feedback.

you might also try these if you use applicant approval

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/registrationrestrictlogger-plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/botstopapproval-plugin

they theoretically should greatly reduce your spam applicants (bots that is).

• Thanks so much for the instructions on the code and the recommendations. I am using applicant approval and I'll check those out. I never have much money but when I have a bit to spare I'll send you some.