HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Versions : where can I find them?*

demsleydemsley New
edited November 2013 in Feedback

Hi There,

I love the Vanilla Forum system and really appreciate the work that has gone into it.

However I'm concerned over version control as there are addons which don't work with the version I'm using. The version I'm using is the latest version available via the download link at the top of this page. This version (2.0.18.8) is NOT the latest release version and there appears to be no way to download the latest version from this site. I know it is available via the git repositories but that's not clear until you've done a lot of looking through the forums.

It might be better if either the latest stable version were made available on this page. Alternatively a clear note as to which version IS the latest stable release and where to get it.

Thanks to all who are providing this and working to improve it. I really appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

you've rehashed a bit that has been hashed and re-hashed before, but the main dish is still hours away.

latest stable version = 2.0.18.8

one answer:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192085/#Comment_192085

another answer:
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2013

@demsley

The latest stable version is always the version available (currently 2.0.18.8) from here, afaIk.

If you have 2.0.18.8 you do have the latest stable version.

The 2.1 + versions available on GitHub are all beta versions.

Although the beta is not released for production, lots of people are using it, and some people have created plugins that only work with 2.1+

This announced thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24845/vanilla-2-1b2-released#latest makes it clear that Vanilla do not want people using 2.1 + unless they are prepared to be part of the Beta testing:

This beta release is here so that the community can help us get Vanilla ready to release 2.1. Please keep this in mind when downloading it. Please do not download this release if you do not have some experience using Vanilla. You may have the best intentions, but you will be hindering, not helping the testing process.

• Options

Thanks for clarifying this.

• Options

I'm concerned over version control as there are addons which don't work with the version I'm using.

Perfect ... when an addon is not working with 2.0.18.8 and it does not specifically state that you need 2.1b2 or better, please create a topic on that plugin's page so the author and community can take a look at it...

There was an error rendering this rich post.