Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't disable Clicky

Vanilla ver 2.0.18.8
I've decided I no longer want to use Clicky but in dashboard it refuses to disable. Can I just delete it from my site or must it be somehow disabled first?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

look for it in your config.php

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Clicky'] = TRUE;

change it to FALSE or remove the lines related to Clicky in your config.php.

then after it no longer apears in your dashboard. Then and only then should you remove the folder from your plugins folder for complete removal. Provided you want to do it the safest way.

@avantime4mike

report back it this solves your problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• the reason why you can't disable it. is because the folder is clicky not Clicky as the pluginarray states. Folder must match name of plugin - in upper and lower case exactly.

If the case (Capital and lower case letters of folder and plugin array name) do not match exaclty - there will be an inability to delete via dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

currently it installs in
    plugins/clicky/

and the plugin array is
    $PluginInfo['Clicky'] = array(

until this is corrected it is best prior to enabling this plugin to rename the folder

from
    plugins/clicky/

to
    plugins/Clicky/

@Lincoln - is there something that you guys can adjust in the disable routine that matches with case-insensitivity on disable as it currently does with enable to avoid this "can't disable" issue from dashboard.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It is, but it's also a good example of something that needs to go in GitHub :)

• OK changed $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Clicky'] = TRUE; to FALSE
    now it is showing as disabled in dashboard but won't remove. Same case sensitivity issue I assume so will remove all references in config.php

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@avantime4mike Do not remove plugins from the dashboard. Just erase the folder from the file manager. There have been cases where after removing a plugin from the dashboard, the entire plugin folder is deleted.

Please do not remove plugins from the dashboard.

• Help! I just tried renaming the clicky folder to Clicky and my whole plugins folder has disappeared. How can this happen?

Yes it does happen and I am sorry you did not read my post before it happened.
    You will need to re install all of them again including the ones that came with vanilla .

This is a serious bug. It happens when you edit or delete a plugin and then try to remove from the dashboard.

This happened to me and several other people. You should always have a backup of your plugins and themes .

• Can I just replace the plugins folder with a backup from three days ago?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

yes. you can.

are you sure you renamed clicky to Clicky

or did you rename your /plugins folder to Clicky

please display a screenshot of your folders.

• Just contacted my host who have a full site backup from 5 hours ago so are we sure it's just the plugins folder I need.

edited December 2013

I am pretty sure what happened to him p, this is how I lost my plugins folder. Remember? ugh! I went to edit a failed plugin, it would not disable from dashboard. I disabled from config.php. , I went to delete from the dashboard and then all my plugins got wiped out. I had also been changing the names of things. But the sequence is like above to reproduce. The plugin won't disable. You disable from config. You try to delete from the dashboard. It says deleted, then yes all is deleted, all plugins folders.

It is due to the function remove on disable. This functionality was removed from 2.1 .

Yes only the plugins got wiped out.

• @avantime4mike

Before you do anything. Tell us exactly what you did.

@vrjivlinder - we do not know if he clicked "remove" from the dashboard.

if you followed these steps to a T - you would have effectively done what you want.

look for it in your config.php

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Clicky'] = TRUE;

change it to FALSE or remove the lines related to Clicky in your config.php.

then after it no longer apears in your dashboard. Then and only then should you remove the folder from your plugins folder for complete removal. Provided you want to do it the safest way.

remove the folder from your plugins folder - means delete the folder via filezilla - not through the "remove" option in the dashboard.

Yes I tried to warn him but was not speedy enough, I asked Lincoln if they could remove this functionality from 2.0 and he said they are only maintaining security patches not fixing anything else... :(

People need to be warned no?

edited December 2013

@peregrine said:
    vrjivlinder - we do not know if he clicked "remove" from the dashboard.

@avantime4mike said:
    OK changed $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Clicky'] = TRUE; to FALSE
    now it is showing as disabled in dashboard but won't remove.

I take this to mean he pressed and thought he did not remove and pressed again ? In any event he pressed the kill all button. That button is like the apple in the garden of eve.

• @peregrine It's as @vrijvlinder said I edited the config.php as you said which allowed me to disable in dashboard but when I clicked on remove nothing appeared to happen until I went to my site and noticed all plugins were disabled. connected by FTP to investigate and that's when I noticed the complete plugins folder had gone. I've requested a copy of the plugins folder from the very recent backup so when it lands I'll post here before doing anything else.

• showing as disabled in dashboard but won't remove.

still it means nothing. he could have fat-fingered inadvertently anywhere.

yes - we need to know what @avantime4mike did.

if he ever reads this.

@avantime4mike
    when you get your plugins from the host, make sure they also fixed the permissions or you will not be able to delete folders. If the permissions have 000 or something like that, they will need to set them correct for you.

• @Lincoln said:
    It is, but it's also a good example of something that needs to go in GitHub :)

@Lincoln
    I provided a solution - if you care to use it

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1750

in library/core/pluginmanager.php

change around line 1035 in vanilla 2.1b2

from

// 2. Perform necessary hook action
    $this->PluginHook($PluginName, self::ACTIONDISABLE, TRUE);

to

$RealRoot = GetValue('RealRoot', $Plugin);
       $PluginName = preg_replace('/.*plugins\//', '', $RealRoot); 
      // 2. Perform necessary hook action
      $this->_PluginHook($PluginName, self::ACTION_DISABLE, TRUE);

this will retrieve the actual folder and set the config correctly and disable the plugin.

unfortunately my connection is to slow to use github pull push, etc.

• avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
    edited December 2013

@peregrine said:
    if he ever reads this.

Not sure what that means :-) I do try to keep up.