Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This queries have taken more than 99% of the CPU and it makes the website offline

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

616854 MYDB localhost MYDB Query 0 Writing to net select * from GDN_AllLikes AllLikes where DiscussionID = '22179'

The above queries have taken more than 99% of the CPU and it makes the website offline. is this a part of "LIKE THIS" plugin. ???

Answers

• So ... disable the plugin and see if it solves the problem?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Or do a file search in your plugins folder for "AllLikes"

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Chanux said:
    The above queries have taken more than 99% of the CPU and it makes the website offline. is this a part of "LIKE THIS" plugin. ???

I reckon it is part of that plugin. The DiscussionID column is not indexed, and this may cause some issues if the table grows too much (although it should be unlikely, unless the forum is very large).

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Chanux: Interesting catch, my forum experience downtimes as well. I couldn't see anything in my server logs, i'll have a look at Al Likes as well.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@phreak: have you checked the slow query log? http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/slow-query-log.html
    You can even define what is "slow". Documentation says that by default 10 seconds are considered as slow, but that could be set to any value you like

• you could add the index and see if it helps

ALTER TABLE GDN_AllLikes ADD INDEX ( DiscussionID )

and drop it later if it doesn't work

ALTER TABLE GDN_AllLikes DROP INDEX DiscussionID

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.