Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Best way to have "blocks" in panels section

Hi
What is the best way to implement html "blocks" on the side panels? In CMSs like Wordpress you would call it a widget or in Drupal a block. I would like the ability to create "blocks" in Vanilla to put general text or html or adsense/amazon code.

Any advice?

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

not sure what you mean. have you looked at pockets plugin?

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/pockets-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks

Will try it out.

What I mean is, if you look to the left of this site, you will see a Vanilla Help banner and then at the bottom left a follow us section, the ability to add "blocks" as in Wordpress with widgets or Drupal with Blocks etc.

I can obviously amend the theme to include/hard code such blocks of content but if there is a plugin that can do it similar to other cms, therefore from the Vanilla community what is best practice for these forums.

Thanks

• Wait a minute I just discovered the Messages section under appearance. :#
    This will work.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It is not as easy as using a cms but is not too hard either...
    vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/How_to_Build_a_Simple_Module_and_Integrate_it_as_a_Plugin