Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] DB Transfer Fatal Error: Unknown column 'Sort' in 'order clause'

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

I tried to copy an installation of a working Vanilla forum 2.0.18.9 on the same server from one domain to another. I just rewrote the Config.php to match the new Database but instantly receive a Fatal Error stating:

Unknown column 'Sort' in 'order clause'
select p.Name as `Name`, p.UrlCode as `UrlCode`
from GDN_Page p
where p.SiteMenuLink = :pSiteMenuLink
order by Sort asc

The error occurred on or near: /www/htdocs/w010a0a2/library/database/class.database.php
276: 
277:          if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
278:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
279:          } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
280:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
281:          }
282:       } else {
283:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
284:       }

Also interesting: www.myforum.com/utility/update runs into a blue page, but without Success or Bonk-Message.

Anyone familiar with this error? I can't find something related in the forums. Thanx for ideas!

Greetz
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options

Please show the details of the php files the error is generated from. You are missing the column 'sort' in your database. Probably means that the table or database wasn't copied properly.

It looks like a plugin that is generating the error?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Uh, that was fast.

I fixed the problem by emptying the GDN_Page table that is associated with the CustomPages plugin and was for some reason not transfered properly.

Thanx @UnderDog!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla