Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BBCode not working in Signatures

Hello,

I have a forum that I ported from phpBB3. As you can see, BBCode isn't rendering in signatures... but it should be. http://neskimoforums.com/vanilla/discussion/6825/the-new-features-thread/p1

You can see that Plugin.Signatures.Format: 'BBCode' is correct, but it's not rendering. I have $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode'; set...

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2013

What numerical version of Vanilla do you have installed?

The plugin may need some changes to it . Your User pics are not showing either.
    It has been suggested that if your imported content is BBCode , to convert it into html in the data base.

• I have the latest Vanilla as of 3 days ago.

I managed to fix a lot of the user pics, some were remote links though...

• @LusciousPear said:
    I have the latest Vanilla as of 3 days ago.

Ooooh good. The Latest. So it's 2.1b2 ohh. wait. It's 2.0.18.10 oooh wait... the latest is the beta version. Oooh wait... Numerical... b2 is not numerical. Let's guess... You have version 2.0.18.10. Good.

either do some debugging and see why it's not making that BBCode into HTML or maybe... maybe ... do another conversion and while converting create that HTML.
    You need the Porter Plus file for that, but @x00 has that address... I cannot find the address for now...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2013

This is nothing whatsoever to do the the porter. Though you could convert signatures to html.

Plugin.Signatures.Format is made up there is no such config. I know sometime there are conventions, but few thing at that implicit that it will just automatically work just becuase there a similar sounding config.

Inspection indicates that there is no feature to render BBCode in Signatures. I don't know where you go the idea it did.

it is clear as mud.

$Sender->UserSignature = Gdn_Format::Html($UserSig);

In other words signatures can takes html.

You could fork the pluign the change would be

$Sender->UserSignature = Gdn_Format::To($UserSig,C('Plugins.SignaturesPlus.Format','Html'));

do a proper fork change the class anme, PluginInfo, file name, and folder, etc and enabling. In this example I called it SignaturesPlus but you should be able to use what you want.

Then you can set Plugins.SignaturesPlus.Format config option.

Note the pluralisation of Plugins, although you could do Plugin but this is basically a convention, though some plugins ignore this. Personally I think it is neater when all the plugin configs are in one chunk.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks! I'll try this.

• edited May 2014

It sort of sucks that none of the WYSIWYG mods work with signature area and that signatures does not process BBC by default, they do on SMF and MyBB.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Might wanna check out the new version. I finally uploaded a big update - we hadn't put the new versions up since like 2010.

• I just tried the new version - not able to use any of the editors from the editor plugin. The buttons show up, but they do not render.