HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

test add a post!

hello

test topic here ...

thank you very much ...

bye

Tagged:

Comments

• @NooLiffe said:
    hello

test topic here ...

thank you very much ...

bye

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

tralala - this is /me just abusing that discussion to see what the "/me" action is...

Oh. Nothing too thrilling...

edited January 2014

/me nods sagely at @R_J's advice

Looks like me actions are disabled here.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

/me tested something with /me's test installation of V21b2 and it doesn't do anything at all when /me post "/me". There is an extra permission Vanilla.Comments.Me and that is set.
    So is it /me fault that "/me" is not working because /me have to add an additional config setting or am /me using "/me" wrong or is there something wrong with Vanilla?

Last I checked, I had /me actions enabled on my community site.

You have to set $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['MeActions'] = TRUE; and have permissions for 'Vanilla.Comments.Me'

Search first

Okay, it's working now and I understood, that I have to start a comment/discussion with "/me" for it to work. But here's what I've experienced as strange behaviors in V2.1b2

1. /me only works if it is the first word in the first line and no line breaks will be accepted afterwards, but I suspect that this is intended (although I would prefer just to have the line formatted as /me action)

2. Mentions don't work in /me comments :(

3. Starting a discussion with /me makes it invisible:

< div class="Item-Body">
        < div class="Message">   
            < span class="AuthorAction" >
                < span class="MeActionName" >/me</span > testing functionality
            < /span >
        < /div >
        < div class="Reactions" ></div >
    < /div>

style.css?v=2.1b2 line 1777

.MeAction .Message {
        display: none;
    }

1. Press [Edit] for the first time, changes the format of the comment only. You have to press [Edit] a second time to get a textarea.