Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What editor is vanillaforums.org using?

The text input editor that I'm typing into right now, what is it?

I'm having issues with CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG (.5) and the latest .org release of Vanilla Forums (Version 2.0.18.10) when the forums are embedded, as described here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14731/bug-cleditor-textarea-expands-indefinitely-when-embedded-wordpress

I've tried using other input editors such as Wysihtml5, but the problem is that the "Quotes" plugin doesn't work with them... and being able to quote someone else in a discussion is pretty important for discussion forums.

So... what is VanillaForums.org using? It has the quoting and the text input seems to work fine...

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

This site (vanillaforums.org) is running a custom plugin called 'editor'. I believe it is only available to hosted forums at the moment.

That said, it feels a lot like Button Bar with a fresh coat of paint on it. It acts much the same way. The biggest difference is the integrated emoticons and overlaid buttons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's coming to open source. Sooooon.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

It's coming to open source. Sooooon.

there's a rumor it may be out on June 27th. :) probably tied to this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/204884/#Comment_204884

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Update since this got surfaced: The editor requires a higher version than 2.1 and I wasn't able to get it running in 2.1 easily. If I release it now, we're going to have a mass of people jumping past 2.1 to get it which will screw things up for compatibility & troubleshooting. When we fork 2.3 for beta I'm planning to drop it into core, and possibly even make it the default.