Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remove visitor column

Hey!
I want to remove the column where my visitor are shown at each thread.
I just tried to make it disappear in the css, but I can't figure out what to do exactly.
I guess changing the css isn't the right way to solve the problem?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2014

@cica

Do you have the plugin WhosOnline, or something similar, enabled? If so, try disabling it.

• I deactivated and what should have change? Everything's still the same.

• Since we have no idea what you mean by visitor, please post a screenshot of what you mean and circle it. And please list the plugins you have enabled and your theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I don't know how it's called originally, "Besuche" means visits. It should show how many users klicked on the thread but since I converted the forum from phpbb2 it isn't counting anymore, so I'd like to remove that column.
    Theme is Traditional Chocolate version 20120424.
    Plugins: All Viewed, ButtonBar, Emotify, Debugger, File Upload, Gravatar, In this discussion, LatestPostList, Post Count, PrivateCommunity, Signatures, Split/Merge, Traditional, Van2Shout, Whosonline.

• you have two choices to get your count working you can use the incrementview plugin to increment view counts or use vanilla analytics

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incrementview-plugin

or modify the theme
    TraditionalChocolate/views/discussions/helper_functions.php around line 119

<td class="DiscussionsViews">
                                <span class="CommentCount"><?php echo Gdn_Format::BigNumber($Discussion->CountViews - 1) ?></span>
                            </td>

and this from TraditionalChocolate/views/discussions/discussions.php

around line 21

<td class="DiscussionsViews"><?php echo T('Views', 'VIEWS'); ?></td>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• cicacica New
    edited January 2014

IncrementView is for Version 2.1 - I only got 2.0.18.
    By vanilla analytics - do you mean the statistics plugin? If so - it doesn't work.
    I guess I have to go with the modifying. Thanks for your help.

Edit:
    I forgot to ask how I should change the files for not showing the visitor column?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@cica said
    IncrementView is for Version 2.1 - I only got 2.0.18.

get the latest version of the plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incrementview-plugin

it should work with either vanilla 2.0.18.x and vanilla 2.1b2
    if it works for you awesome

• Thank you! Now it works fine

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

you are welcome. thanks for feedback. @cica awesome.