Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can someone please help me out with Shwaipbot?

If someone could be so kind as to post an example function array for shwaipbot 1.0.1 and what i would have to do. I followed everything it say's in the botreplies.php but it just isn't working for me, just the muffin man default no my added entries. At least if someone can post a function array with a few response it would be totally appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options

Well actually not exactly what i was looking for but thanks. I really need more of a how to or actual examples of a few q & a's from bot to user. So far everything that i have tried doesn't seem to work, only the defaults do. :(

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

a very simple mention and reply.

add this to conf/botreplies.php

function LatestVersion($Bot) {
               if ($Bot->SimpleMatch("latest version"))
                  return $Bot->Mention().' Which Latest Version?';
            }

update your config.php to reflect your new function

LatestVersion function added to config.php.

$Configuration['Plugins']['ShwaipBot']['ReplyOrder'] = array('BotShave', 'BotMuffinMan', 'BotSendBeer', 'LatestVersion' );

and then type in a new comment

I have the latest version.

and then refresh the browser and you should see a reply from @System(if you didn't rename it) and the appended comment from System will be:

Which Latest Version?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I think he may be having some issues with adding the new reply functions to the config.php based on some email exchanges. I pointed him over here for some further debugging so thanks for lending a hand :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

LatestVersion function added to config.php.

$Configuration['Plugins']['ShwaipBot']['ReplyOrder'] = array('BotShave', 'BotMuffinMan', 'BotSendBeer', 'LatestVersion' );

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

here's another.

type in "What's for dinner tonight?"

after you update conf/botreplies.php

function BotPorkchop($Bot) {
       if ($Bot->SimpleMatch("for dinner"))
          return $Bot->Mention().' porkchops';
    }

and config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['ShwaipBot']['ReplyOrder'] = array('BotShave', 'BotMuffinMan', 'BotSendBeer', 'LatestVersion', 'BotPorkchop');

• Options

Thank you so much guys, so far it seems to work. i noticed that if i used for example - function BotSample, BotSample being the function name, well if i use BotSample2 as my next function name than BotSample2 will not be recognized instead the bot (ShwaipBot) will not respond, but if i totally change the next function to like BotSam for example, then it would pick up the reply function, i guess i cant add a number afterwards.

I have another question, is it possible to have (ShwaipBot) respond to the post with a delay like if someone were really posting rather than instantly like if it were a chat? If so how could i accomplish this?

and again thank you guys for your responses :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

you could probably do what ever you want with ShwaipBot, if you know how to do it.
    perhaps you join the hosting plan and they could design to meet all your needs.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I have another question, is it possible to have (ShwaipBot) respond to the post with a delay like if someone were really posting rather than instantly like if it were a chat?

Yes , that is called artificial intelligence .....

If so how could i accomplish this?

http://www.csail.mit.edu

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

@shwaipbot - write me a delay function please. step by step. plz sir.

after a consider delay

System stammers: hrmph, umm, umm, uh - uh -uh na-na-na-na-not ri-ri-ri-ght na-na-na-now.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You could with a cron type system. Not really feasible without it.

It wouldn't work very well because you would have to worry about the response being added after someone else already commented on it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.