Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dashboard Link Error?

edited February 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I've just installed 2.2.5 and all looks good except that when an admin clicks on the 'Dashboard' link, it displays the root of a folder:

Index of /dashboard/settings

Parent Directory
about.php
bootstrap.php
class.hooks.php
configuration.php
structure.php
Apache Server at homebrewkorea.com Port 80

I've tried reinstalling a few times, but I keep getting the same issue.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Comments

• I've kept at it and noticed that when I click the link it navigates to '/dashboard/settings/' which results in the above directory listing. But if I specifically navigate to '/index.php?p=/dashboard/settings', all is good. It doesn't seem to matter which theme I use.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Try adding "Options All -Indexes" to your .htaccess

• edited February 2014

The allows vanilla to load, but with a frame in the middle saying 'page not found'. Also results in 'Discussions, Categories, Activity' having 'page not found'.

I don't know much about .htaccess, but it looks like you are on the right track and it's something to do with that. Not sure why it's a problem now....something different with 2.2.5?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Sorry, I haven't thought about that part:

@Homebrew_Korea said:
    But if I specifically navigate to '/index.php?p=/dashboard/settings', all is good. It doesn't seem to matter which theme I use.

The feature that you could skip /index.php?p= is also handled in the .htaccess by a line like that RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

I don't know about version 2.2.5 because it is alpha software and I wouldn't look too deep into that but you might want to check your .htaccess. Compare what you have with what you see at GitHub and with at least the .htaccess from the latest beta version: Vanilla 2.1b2