Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error when trying to edit roles@permissions

omakisomakis New
edited February 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I moved my forum to a new server and everything seem to work well, except
1. There are 3 admins but the only admin who sees the dashboard is the one that created the forum.
2. When the main admin (the one that see the dashboard) tries to edit roles&prmissions i get the following error

Any help would be appreciated

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Your permission table seems to be corrupted. Mind sharing a dump of Gdn_Permission?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2014

well I can see the the syntax error c.,

However GDN_c and GDN_p there are no such tables. That means that JunctionTable is wrong and JunctionColumn is empty.

quite often problem like this can happen where the imported data came from a dump that did not preserve data type correctly. So the difference between NULL, an empty string, 0, etc. Can be critical.

I think you have lack of NULLs, so it it trying to lock up junctions that are an empty string.

We will see.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@x00 said:
    So the difference between NULL, an empty string, 0, etc. Can be critical.

I wish there was a 'troof ^^^' reaction or something.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2014

next time when you or dev takes a dump of the database, use mysqldump, and keep everything as true to form as possible. That way you run the query you get all you data as intended.

The permissions table is particularly sensitive to these kinds of problems.

grep is your friend.

• I attach the a dump of the permission table, if of any help...

• can you enable quick profiler that come with the core?

grep is your friend.

• solved the problem when I transfered the database manually without the vanilla2export.