Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

GA Tracking

I was wondering if it is possible to add GA tracking code to my forum? Since my site and forum are 2 URLS I want to place universal analytic's tracking code across both. Sorry the vanilla tracking is not going to do it for me.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would suggest using Pockets, or adding the code to your theme's master template.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    jens1seojens1seo
    edited March 2014

Ok but this does not make sense since you need to add the tracking code the closing </head> of your html. The template if am correct only handles the css. "Pockets" again is only adding custom css capabilities. I just need the html of the forum...I must not be seeing the objective clearly

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The master template (generally found in /themes/yourthemename/views/default.master.tpl) let's you modify the page markup used on every page. You can also modify the head tag in there.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited March 2014

@jens1seo said:
    "Pockets" again is only adding custom css capabilities. I just need the html of the forum...I must not be seeing the objective clearly

Incorrect. You can write anything you like in a "pocket" and it will render on the page "as is". Add the GA script, and it will run. Alternatively, use Aelia Advanced Analytics plugin, which supports both Google Analytics and StatCounter, and allows to exclude specific roles from the tracking.