Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Registration Role not working with Google sign in

Hi.
When people register via Google they have the choice of selecting a role as per the Registration Role plugin. However, the selected role does not seem to be saved. People merely show up as Member.

Does this have something to do with "Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)" under Registration? I'm suspecting that Google sign in is not requiring them to confirm their email, so their chosen role is not being activated.

Any suggestions on how to save people's selected role when registering with Google?

Thanks.

Comments

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Hi Chililb, probably you're right. I don't remember if I've tested the plugin with "connect registration" (google,facebook,etc), but what I can see from the source @ line 185 the role is added to the user at email confirmation.

Currently I'm hyper busy and I can't test it on my own. If you investigate more about the event involved (email confirmation), and if it's generated or not during "connect registration", we can fix it together. If you can't do that I cannot guarantee a "fix-day". Any help is welcome from Vanillers.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks @lifeisfoo. Unfortunately I don't know enough programming to fix it. Hopefully someone more skilled than me can help.