Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there a preferred WP theme when using the Vanilla Plug In?

I have a WP site. I decided to play with Vanilla some to learn about it.

I uploaded the plug in to my back end successfully, but can't seem to get it to appear on the front end.

I thought perhaps I might have to update the WP theme. Is there a preferred theme? Here is what I have now.

WordPress 3.8.1 running Twenty Twelve theme

Comments

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

There are a couple more steps. I assume you are trying to embed your forum. You need to enable the embed plugin. Look for Vanilla in the plugin list.

You also need to paste the javascript onto a page to make it work in WordPress. Any theme will work. This article post should help with the WordPress side of things: http://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/embed-forum-wordpress/ . This aspect is the same hosted or self-hosted.

• Options

@‌Adrian Thank You. I appreciate you taking time to help me.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Well what I am running into is:

I click Vanilla Forum The click "Set up" from there.

I created a .com/forum page in the page creator.

Then I try to validate the page & nothing can't find a Vanilla forum at that page error.

I have it hosted at West Host so perhaps that's an issue.

• Options

I am beginner with Vanilla Forums and I had a lot of problems to use it with Wordpress Could somebody help me??? I am so sorry my english is not good, but i ll try explain. I m using a vanilla forums into my server, ie don't using a vanilla cloud. Problems are: I can't change my theme, if I do it appear the message: Bonk... When I use the default theme with "embeed vanilla" the width goes out the screen...

Actually I 'd want a recursive theme like my theme in wordpress, and I 'd like change colors, but I don't know where is the CSS file of the theme.

I don't know if you are understand me but I really need your help My website to see what I wrote is www.otimao.com.br/forum-do-corinthians

Thank you!

• Options

@José_LHP said:
    I am beginner with Vanilla Forums and I had a lot of problems to use it with Wordpress Could somebody help me??? I am so sorry my english is not good, but i ll try explain. I m using a vanilla forums into my server, ie don't using a vanilla cloud. Problems are: I can't change my theme, if I do it appear the message: Bonk... When I use the default theme with "embeed vanilla" the width goes out the screen...

Actually I 'd want a recursive theme like my theme in wordpress, and I 'd like change colors, but I don't know where is the CSS file of the theme.

I don't know if you are understand me but I really need your help My website to see what I wrote is www.otimao.com.br/forum-do-corinthians

Thank you!

if you have bonk when changing themes see this comment step 2.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199091#Comment_199091

if you get a bonk see this ...

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.