Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question re: text editor (answered)

edited March 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everyone,

I really like the text editor that's used on VanillaForms, is this available as a plugin?

It's very clean and sleek. I also like the ability to display code (this is a big reason I like it).

Also curious if the @ tagging ability is a plugin, or is there a way to replicate this feature?

Tried on my fresh installation thinking it was a standard thing and learned it is not.

Lastly, is Vanilla a big enough framework that there are published works available for purchase or read?

As a developer leaping in from WordPress, this is a huge change and difficult to fall into as easily as I had hoped.

Thanks for your insight on this folks. Have yourselves a great day!

Comments

• Options

Please disregard my question concerning Tagging / Mentions.

I've been able to answer this myself.

Still interested in know about the visual editor / WYSIWYG editor.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

http://vanillaforums.org/search?adv=&search=vanilla+editor&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_question=1&comment_c=1&comment_answer=1&page_p=1&within=1+day&date=

No published works. Only official documentation and wiki. But if you know any MVC framework, getting your way to Garden shouldn't be too hard. The source code is commented quite well. I'll often search GitHub repo to look up the usage of some special functions.
    The plugins make up a great resource, too. Look at plugins that do similar things to what you try to achieve.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The editor in use on this site is not released at this time. While I hope (and think) they will release it soon, this is just speculation.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hello @R_J,

I've been reviewing a lot of the plugins but appears a lot of them are outdated.

Hard to determine the best approaches when some of them are over 2 years old.

Though you're absolutely right and this is how I am so far learning my way around things.

I appreciate the link on the visual editor, as well your insight @hgtonight - thanks!

This is all a lot to try and take in.

While I like taking shortcuts at times, I also really enjoy fully understanding the way things work and being so new to this all, it's a daunting task. Find myself constantly distracted from what I should be doing - but it's fun nonetheless - thanks!

Really appreciating the community!