Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to keep the activity link?

Hello community, it's me again! :D

First I want to say I love the vanilla forum!
I love the freedom to change everything I wish, the modularity, the possibility to write my own plugins, aso... :D

But I have a problem... I want to keep the activity and the inbox link visible even if I am on the page and I dont know how to fix this...

my version of vanilla is still 2.1b2

please help me once again =)

Tagged:

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What page?

Is this a custom plugin?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited March 2014

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Its not a plugin i think... just the activity-page... you know... dashboard, discussions, activity, inbox, ... the links from the nav-menubar.

oh and i am using the bittersweet-theme if this helps.

edit: by the way.... is it possible to enter the vanillawiki from another link without "brew" in it? our firewall blocks content with alcohol :neutral_face:

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

So when you're looking at your www.example.com/activity, you do not see "Activity" in the navigation bar? That is not the default behavior of Vanilla 2.1b2 + bittersweet theme. You have either changed the theme or one of your plugins is causing that.

If you like, post in your mothertongue but I think in such cases a picture would be the best way to express yourself

• @R_J Yes. Thats exactly what happens. I deactivated all the plugins but the situation is the same. I have not changed anything at the theme related files beside the custom css-file with some "make other background color here" and " more space between postings there"... it seems like I have to check the whole css thing... meh... :neutral_face:

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Get a good diff utility. Maybe notepad++ with the compare plugin. That will help a lot

• Thank you. I'm on it right now... I will keep you guys up to date ;)

• Sorry, i could not edit my comment before anymore :(
    I fixed it! Anything is fine again... it was just a small error in my css-file :D

Just dont do #Head .Row .Selected { display: none; }

and anything displays as it should.

I love to be this productive at the morning :D

Thank you guys, you are great!