Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Applicants and Confirm E-mail not quite working. Hmmmmmm

HI Everyone

I have looked at previous threads but nothing quite answers my question . I am have self taught myself everything over the last month to get my forum going.

I am using 2.1b and it is embedded it works great apart from a couple of lil things.

The Applicants, some I have to approve some I don't - some just seem to get past the application process.

Confirmation e-mail seems to fail. The user is asked to click to resend but then are told that there e-mail is already confirmed. The page they see still says no discussions so they don't bother looking further.

In both cases no one seems to get a welcome/application approval e-mail and I am sending them out individually.

I tried to fix the confirmation e-mail by something I seen on here but I cannot for the life of me find the same thread again.

The thread basically suggested changing the code slightly in user model and in the locale definitions folder. This made sense to me but made my whole forum disappear (fixed).

Please help a newbie!

Thanks Amy

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Have you set up a mail address at yourforum/dashboard/settings/email ?