Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

One Vanilla Forum Instance, multiple Sites

Hello all!

I tried and tried to search for my inquiry, yet nothing came up to specifically address my question.

I'm just wondering if I can use one Vanilla forum instance on multiple Wordpress sites? Not a WP multisite, but different WP sites?

Graham

Comments

• Options

Am I missing something here? why can't you install the forum on one site and link to it from all the others?

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2014

One thing you can do is use the Vanilla embed script to embed one Vanilla forum on different WordPress sites. If I recall correctly, with Vanilla 2.0.18.10, you can enable the "embedvanilla" plugin and then install the "Vanilla Forums" plugin for WordPress. With Vanilla 2.1+, which is currently in beta, the embedding features are built-in and you can define which websites are allowed to use the embed script from the dashboard.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Why would you want to? It bad SEo to have duplicated content. Like Shadoware says embed allows you to have one location embedded in multiple places, though embed isn't the best SEO practice anyway.

Personally, if you want to do this probably you have the wrong solution to you problem.

If you wanted to symlink much of the core you can create a multi site infrastructure for different data, but that isn't what you're asking.

grep is your friend.