Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem with Email Confirmation

In my forum setup for registration (see attached image), I have 1) the registration method set to basic, 2) the user is required to confirm their email, and 3) then once they do they should be assigned the role of "member." When a user registers, this all seems to work okay. They are able to register, one, and they are assigned the role of "member." However, once they confirm their email, all the roles assigned to that user are stripped away. They are then unable to log into the site. Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Generally, you give a less permissive role to users that haven't confirmed their email yet. The dropdown in that screen shot says Confirm Email by default, IIRC.

What roles do you have set up in http://forum.example.com/dashboard/role/defaultroles?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight, that was it! thank you very very much. what is stange is the page that you linked there does not seem to be anywhere in the dashboard menu...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@fraxture said:
    hgtonight, that was it! thank you very very much. what is stange is the page that you linked there does not seem to be anywhere in the dashboard menu...

This page is only linked to if Vanilla detects an issue with the default roles. There are plenty of other screens that don't show up in the sidebar (because the sidebar would be a mile long if they were all included).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.