HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translating Tagging plugin

I'm trying to translate Tagging plugin.

I already translated everything, than this:

var TagSearch = gdn.definition('PluginsTaggingSearchUrl', false); var TagAdd = gdn.definition('PluginsTaggingAdd', false); $("#Form_Tags").tokenInput(TagSearch, { hintText: gdn.definition("TagHint", "Start to type..."), searchingText: '', // search text gives flickery ux, don't like searchDelay: 300, animateDropdown: false, minChars: 1, maxLength: 25, prePopulate: tags, dataFields: ["#Form_CategoryID"], allowFreeTagging: TagAdd });

I'm trying to translate " Start to type..." string, but I don't want to translate it directly from tagging.js, but let the hintText go in a var called from the main function in someway.

Any suggestion?

Any further information will be helpful.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

From what I see I would try to add a definition for "TagHint" and see if it works, but I've not much knowledge about Vanillas js functions...

• @R_J‌ Already tried, but it doesn't work.

I'm in your same boat, I don't have so much knowledge about Javascript functions .

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Have you cleared the cache after adding the translation?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

The issue is that the TagHint definition isn't being added by any controllers—take a look at https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/search?q=taghint

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• @R_J‌ Yes, I deleted the cache.

@Kasper‌ How can I manage this like you did for wsyihtml5 localization or time ago plugins?

• gdn.definition is nothing to do with locale. it is a way of passing information to the client. In this case nothign being passed, so it is returning a default.

On the controller you would set like so

$Sender->AddDefinition('TagHint', T('TagHint','Start to type...'));

You would just need to to hook the controller.

only T('TagHint','Start to type...') is related to locale.

you would translate like so:

$Definition['TagHint'] = 'Start to type...';

grep is your friend.

@x00's explanation is spot on. Now you know what that funky...

<!-- Various definitions for Javascript //-->
    <div id="Definitions" style="display: none;">
      [...]
    </div>

...is for :smile:

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Thank you so much guys. I fixed like @x00‌ said.

I opened the file class.tagging.plugin.php and modified these lines:

/** * Add javascript to the post/edit discussion page so that tagging autocomplete works. */ /** * Add javascript to the post/edit discussion page so that tagging autocomplete works. */ public function PostController_Render_Before($Sender) { $Sender->AddJsFile('jquery.tokeninput.js'); $Sender->AddJsFile('tagging.js', 'plugins/Tagging'); $Sender->AddDefinition('PluginsTaggingAdd', Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.Tagging.Add')); $Sender->AddDefinition('PluginsTaggingSearchUrl', Gdn::Request()->Url('plugin/tagsearch')); $Sender->AddDefinition('TagHint', T('TagHint','Start to type...'));
    I just added the line $Sender->AddDefinition('TagHint', T('TagHint','Start to type...')); around 539-540.

Then just add this line to your locale:

$Definition['TagHint'] = 'Start to type...';

I will push a commit to Github as soon as I can.

Hope will be helpful.