Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to setup a profil setting page for my plugin

VerdemisVerdemis New
edited April 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

i'm trying to setup a settings page for my plugin in the user profil settings. But i only get a white page, when i click the link.
I'm using the functions below. I looked into another plugin to figure out how this works, but the only thing i could get working is to setup the
link in the side menu in the edit profil section.

And i'm having some problems working with the Sender Parameter... is there a way to find out which function and informations the sender contains?

public function ProfileController_AfterAddSideMenu_Handler(&$Sender) {     
      $SideMenu = $Sender->EventArguments['SideMenu'];      
      $SideMenu->AddLink('Options', T('GamerTags Einstellungen'), '/profile/gamertags', FALSE);
}   

public function ProfileController_GamerTags_Create(&$Sender) {
    echo "test";
}

Maybe someone has an idea :)

Best
Verdemis

Tagged:

Comments

• don't use &$Sender object are already passed by reference in php just $Sender. using & is redundant, and will break in future versions.

You need to select a view and you can place in the views folder of your theme, something has to call ->Render() at some point, or it won't render a view in a master template.

There are actually a fair few examples, in the pluign is you search around. There is more than one way to do it.

grep is your friend.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I had similar questions answered here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25532/kindly-asking-for-help-with-a-plugin#latest

The plugin that resulted from that adds a page to the user profile, so it might be a help for you, too: https://github.com/R-J/ProfileVisitors

In order to get more information about "$Sender" you can do two things:
    a) insert decho($Sender); and you (only if logged in as admin) will see a lot more information than you are happy with
    b) find out what "$Sender" really is and dig into the code. If you have the function public function ProfileController_AfterAddSideMenu_Handler($Sender) {, $Sender is an instance(? don't know if that is the right term) of ProfileController. Take a look at /applications/dashboard/controllers/class.profilecontroller.php and you'll learn what you are dealing with. Find the place where AfterAddSideMenuis fired and you'll see what EventArguments you can use.

Und ansonsten: fragen, fragen, fragen ;)