Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Avoiding duplicate content issues with 301?

My site is www.[domain].co.uk and I've installed a Vanilla Forum in the /folder/ so it's found at www.[domain].co.uk/forum/.

The problem is that www. and non-www. queries of the same URL bring up the same page in the forum. E.g. www.[domain].co.uk/forum/ and [domain].co.uk/forum/ both work.

I want to eliminate the risk of duplicate content by altering the .htaccess file in the /forum/ folder to 301 redirect all non-www. queries to www.

I tried a simple redirect, but it just redirects all non-www. queries to the forum homepage www.[domain].co.uk/forum/ rather than the www. equivalent of that page.

Answers

• Options

Try to redirect it using your Hosting Cpanel use 301 redirect and check wildcard

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@internetum

What is it you are hoping to achieve by digging up old threads and commenting on them?

If you necropost on anymore threads, I will simply delete your comments.

• Options

Im just trying to help. if you see my post is not good enough to help, maybe you can mark my post as spam..
    Other forums requires to post everyday or needs to post at least 5 times so their account wont be go idle..
    anyway, Im still new In Vanilla and Im hoping I can still read and help here.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@internetum

There is no requirement to post a specific amount of times.

If you see a new thread you think you can help with, by all means, offer your help, but please don't resurrect old threads.