Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embed forum not showing correctly on a PC

My forum, http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/iwm-forum/, is showing up correctly on my mac but not on a PC.

It's showing up full screen on my mac, but on a PC (Chrome) it's showing only half the screen.

Can you advise?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

not the answer you wanted but...
    best advice you are going to receive - don't embed your forum, it's not worth the agony. many things are iffy with embedding, some plugin don't work correctly, frame size truncates, some jquery won't work inside iframe, some css won't perform the same way - absolute positiioning, etc.

see the stories of people who gave on the idea of embedding and went the non-embedded route

search for embedded vs. non-embedded to see war-stories.

design the forum with theme, banner and menu to match your site instead.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2014

I agree with peregrine whole heartedly.

Your template is relatively simple and clean. Best advice would be replicate the header and footer in vanilla theme, and don't embed. I only support embed with clients where the forum is a private community.

SEO wise it is also better not to embed.

grep is your friend.

• Thank you for your recommendations!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Your WP theme is imposing a width restriction on the #Content div. Line 809 in your theme's style .css. I suggest you override that with a local style.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please take a look at the tutorial how to embed your forum in wordpress.

There is a part that explains how to edit the style of the forum page only specifically so the forum fits.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24780/how-to-embed-your-forum-into-a-wordpress-page