Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

remove "New" yellow highlights?

sinnersinner New
edited April 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hi, i'm running vanilla 2.0.18.10, how do i remove the "New" yellow highlights feature?.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

use firebug. identify the element and make it

display:none;

you can see tutorials listed here as well as custom.css and where it is located.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/205503/#Comment_205503

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

or try this in your defiinitions. to completely remove it.

$Definition['%s New'] = "";
    $Definition['%s New Plural'] = "";

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

is there a way i can turn off the new disscussions/comments notification completely so it wont display those yellow hightlights anymore ?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

you were explained how to do it, several times. Now unless you simply don't want to follow directions one can't force you to follow them....

this is the part in the css which controls those add it to your custom.css

.DataList .Meta strong {
    }

if you want to move it you must add the rule margin-left:30px; and adjust based on what works best.

I don't recommend removing it because it is useful to know if there is a new post.

• Options

V - who will get the last edit? :)

• Options

i'm sorry guys, i'm kinna new to this vanilla, so it takes awhile for me to get it . i've been playing with this forum for a week now. thanks peregrine & vrijvlinder for your guys help. it's working now.

• Options

@sinner said:
    i'm sorry guys, i'm kinna new to this vanilla, so it takes awhile for me to get it . i've been playing with this forum for a week now. thanks peregrine & vrijvlinder for your guys help. it's working now.

what solution did you use?

• Options

this:

.DataList .Meta strong {
    }

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

probably yours ... do you even need to ask? lol that's why you earned the five in one badge ...

edit... I stand corrected :#

Then it was team work ... high five to you all

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

V said:

probably yours

even when you are right you are wrong.

or is that

even when you are wrong, you are right.

he used yours :) in the land of dueling solutions - the good, the bad and the ugly.

yours being good.

• Options
    sinnersinner New
    edited April 2014

actually, you both are awesome! i got 90% of my problems solved today!