Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I've checked all the existing threads on avatar size and have followed their instructions to change the avatar than can be uploaded - which works fine, I've got it so the user can create a 200px thumbnail instead of a 50px one. However, I cannot get the CSS in any theme to cooperate, and none of the things I'm told to search for and replace are in the CSS files of any of the themes I've looked at. I even did a grep for 50px and didn't find that number in any of the files in my themes directory in a place where it would affect avatars. Anyone got any tips?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

I'm told to search for and replace are in the CSS

if you can't find some element in custom.css that you want to change, add a new rule. read the tutorials on theme design, plz.

also look at a few css tutorials. firebug tutorials, and webdeveloper tutorials.

everyday someone asks this question. I can't find it in my custom.css. and the answer is almost always the same.

add rules as needed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    .ProfilePhotoMedium {
    height: 40px;
    width: 40px;
    }
    .ProfilePhotoSmall {
    height: 20px;
    width: 20px;
    }

.ProfilePhoto {
    height: 40px;