Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Few questions / niggles with Vanilla forum which no one can answer....

plumtreeplumtree New
edited April 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Anonymous
Can you add a feature so the user can reply or create a conversation as anonymous.

Cursor does not show
Start a conversation and then click into the main box. See that there is no cursor flashing under the bold B. ( I am using Chrome on PC)

Thumbs up
Thanks / thumbs feature like on http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/. Maybe there is a plugin for this?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options

Best not start a discussion with a provocative/snarky title, if you want help.

• Anonymous - there is a plugin or two.
    • PM - called Conversations
    • Cursor - you provide no link, I don't open docs from strangers, without good reason.
    • Thumbs up - various pluigns

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I took the liberty of sanitizing your .doc file, extracting the images, and uploading them here as attachments. Not everyone can open .doc files and there can be some nasty stuff embedded in them.

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

As far as the cursor thing goes, running cleditor has some pitfalls. I was able to see the cursor on my local 2.0.x install in chrome with cleditor enabled.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can change the color of the cursor , it may be white or something...add the font color.

Go into the cleditor js folder, open jquery.cleditor.js around line 54 replace line with this:

bodyStyle:    // style to assign to document body contained within the editor
                        "margin:4px; font:12px Arial,Verdana; cursor:text;color:#000"

• Options

The cursor is visible generaly but it's impossible to make it visible after firt click in the textarea.
    The version of the forum is 2.0.18.10.

It's not CSS because when you click second time (or type any character) there is caret in the textarea.
    Also strange thing is that the input is focused after first click - only the caret is not shown.

Also there are no error in the console an problem persists under all browsers.

Any ideas guys? Thanks

• Options

did you try adding the above ? the js does not have font color which is why I added it in the code above. I changed the color of the caret by adding font color there. And making the font bold also helps.

Have you tried another theme to see if this is also happening ?

• Options

Unfortunately the code above doesn't work.
    Also the problem persists with other themes.

But I think it's impossible to solve.
    Look at the demo on the http://premiumsoftware.net/CLEditor
    Remove all text and click somewhere else to unfocus the input.
    Now when you click in the textarea the caret is not showing.

I think it's because actual textarea is hided and instead iframe from cleditor js is displated.

• Options
    edited April 2014

So this is happening to you even on that website? I have no problem seeing it on that website. It works on both the rich text side as well as the html side... Maybe it is you system ?

Ok I think I see what you mean, you enter txt in the html side, if you delete and go to the rich side but click outside the window, the caret does not show until you type something...I must say this does not happen to me with the cleditor that comes with vanilla. But other things do happen. :(

• Options

Thanks, so the cursor thing is a major problem then?

@x00 said:

• Anonymous - there is a plugin or two.

I don't think there is. Once signed in I just want the users to be able to post anonymously if they wish or not.

• Options

I have done so with client.

There is this plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/anonymouse-plugin

it is not the one I've used.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks. Which one did you use then? Or did you not use a plugin?