Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Rolebased Theme plugin - does not allow setting of themes

I've got a userbase that's heavily divided between dark and light themes, and when we were on phpBB they were able to chose. I understand why Vanilla isn't able to implement this as an overall thing, but for users who it's a breaking point, I'd like to be able to use the Rolebased Theme plugin to assign them a theme of their choice. Problem: it doesn't seem to be working. I'm on 2.1b3 and whenever I adjust the theme a user role is supposed to have from the plugin's themes page, it just reverts to the default.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I am not sure but I think you have to have other themes in your library and pick from there a theme for each. In the settings ..

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

In order to achieve what you are talking about you have to

1. create a dark theme ;-)
    2. add a role and name it for example MemberDark, giving it all the permissions of the existing Member role
    3. Go to the settings screen of the Rolebased Theme plugin and assign that dark theme to the MemberDark role
    4. switch a group of users over to the MemberDark theme

That should be working. Do I understand you right that you finished 1. and 2., but pressing [Save] in 3. doesn't save your settings?
    If yes, could you take a look at the /conf/config.php right after pressing save and look for a line like that:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['RolebasedTheme']['MemberDark'] = 'DarkTheme';
    Please come back and report if you find that entry or not (and show it here if yes)