Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embed and Analytics - anyone doing something clever (2.1)

With the proviso that I already know how much everyone hates embedding Vanilla, I have a question for those who do. Has anyone come up with an elegant solution for tracking analytics? As far as I can see (and I may be wrong) once you're in the discussion pages and navigating through the iframe, any more clicks aren't counted.

The obvious answer is to set up a separate analytics cookie on the forum's real subdomain, but I'd really like to have a single report to show advertisers.

As far as I can tell, though, using the same cookie with subdomains set up will result in it counting twice for the initial landing on the forum. Once for the host page and once for the embedded frame.

I'm probably completely wrong or missing something very obvious - if anyone's got experience I'd love to hear.